RSS

ArmA 3 Demo Download (3 posts)

Topic tags: arma 2, arma 3, arma iii, armed assault 3, demo, download, free, game
  • Profile picture of Marcus Marcus said 2 years, 2 months ago:

I was asking some questions before about the mission compatibility between Arma 2 and ArmA 3 and it got me thinking, wouldn’t it be nice if we could try this out before purchasing the game.

Which leads me to my next question, do you guys think or do you know if BIS plans on actually releasing an ArmA 3 demo for download before the game itself is released so people can try it out and what not? Also if an ArmA 3 demo is made available and released for download before the final full game release does anybody know if BIS usually includes their editor functionality in the demos or the ability to load up your own simple basic missions or is it locked to just one demo mission or something? I don’t think there even was a demo for ArmA 2 was there? I can’t remember. Except perhaps the ArmA 2 for FREE but that came out several years after the game was already released and stopped selling so there was nothing to lose really.

• Profile picture of Iain Cornwell Iain Cornwell said 2 years, 2 months ago:

I am sure Bethesda will release a demo for Arma 3, although i think it will be released simultaneously with the actual game.

• Profile picture of Surefire Surefire said 2 years, 2 months ago:

Usually they release the demo after the actual game has been released. Why the hell do they do that? God only knows, because their initial release is usually a buggy POS it would be nice for a change if they could release something earlier so people can spot obvious issues. Whatever though. Also I don’t think you get access to the full features so no you probably can’t play custom missions or test addons and stuff like that.