Skyrim | Forum | Daedric Artifacts Skyrim Locations and Quests List for Daedric Princes | Operation Reality ™ Gaming
RSS

Daedric Artifacts Skyrim Locations and Quests List for Daedric Princes (5 posts)

Topic tags: daedric artfacts, list, locations, princes, quests
  • Profile picture of Alex McMillan Alex McMillan said 2 years, 8 months ago:

Does anybody have a full list of all the daedric artifacts available in skyrim and where they can be found location wise? I’m trying to wrap up my collection and I think I have most of them (in fact i thought i had them all), I must have at least a good dozen by now but I’m still missing a few I was told. I only thought there were twelve because I read somewhere there were 12 daedric princes but I was told on by someone on steam that i was missing and some and that there are more, does anybody know how many total skyrim daedric artifacts there actually are and if they all come through completing quest lines or if some are just plain hidden in hard to find locations?

• Profile picture of Devon Black Devon Black said 2 years, 8 months ago:

errr i think there actually 16 daedric princes in the game which means there are probably 16 artifacts…. one for each…. does it matter tho? do you get something special if you collect them all or something?

• Profile picture of Alex McMillan Alex McMillan said 2 years, 8 months ago:

It’s not about getting them all to give a result but they all have different powers and what not and I like to play these types of games thoroughly so I just want to make sure I have them ALL!!~ :D

• Profile picture of Jonathan Jonathan said 2 years, 8 months ago:

That’s another easy one (sometimes I wonder if you guys know or how to use google or are just too lazy? ;) ) Devon is correct though, first of all there are 16 Daedric Artifacts which means one for every Daedric Prince in Skyrim which are in no particular order are:

1 Azura’s Star / Black Star
    2 Dawnbreaker
    3 Ebony Blade
    4 Ebony Mail
    5 Mace of Molag Bal
    6 Masque of Clavicus Vile
    7 Mehrunes’ Razor
    8 Oghma Infinium
    9 Ring of Namira
    10 Sanguine Rose
    11 Savior’s Hide/Ring of Hircine
    12 Skeleton Key
    13 Skull of Corruption
    14 Spellbreaker
    15 Volendrung
    16 Wabbajack

—————–

Their locations are as follows (Remember though Daedric Artifacts can only be obtained by completing the relevant Daedric Quest)

1) Azura’s Star / Black Star

Reward for completing The Black Star quest. Upon visiting the Shrine of Azura the player enters dialogue with a priestess of Azura named Aranea. She informs you that she has seen you in her visions and that you are the one that returns Azura’s Star, she also informs you of an elf in Winterhold that has the knowledge you need to find the Star. Nelacar, a former student of the College of Winterhold is the elf in question, he has taken up residence in the Inn. He informs you of Malyn Varen’s studies on the star and where to find it. Once the player has Azura’s Star they can either choose to return it to Nelacar or Aranea. Returning the star to Nelacar results in a Soul Gem purified of Malyn’s soul. Nelacar believes that the new Black Star can only hold Black Souls (see Black Soul Gem (Skyrim)), while in reality it can actually hold both White and Black Souls. Returning the star to Aranea gives the player a cleansed Azura’s Star which only captures White Souls.

2) Dawnbreaker

Reward for completing The Break of Dawn quest. Dawnbreaker, a one-handed sword, can be obtained at the Statue to Meridia. It’s a simple quest that requires you to find her beacon, and then to “lead Meridia’s light” through the dungeon underneath her Shrine. To do this, you activate pedestals with little glowing balls of light, in sequence throughout the dungeon. The dungeon itself is filled with Corrupted Shades, and is somewhat complicated to navigate. At the end you have to defeat a powerful Necromancer who apparently defiled her Shrine, Malkoran. Upon defeating him, you retrieve the sword, Dawnbreaker, and receive Meridia’s thanks.

3) Ebony Blade

Reward for completing The Whispering Door quest.
    Must be level 20. Upon asking the innkeeper of The Bannered Mare in Whiterun about any rumors, the player will be lead to the Jarl of Whiterun (or exiled in Solitude based on the Civil War storyline) in regards to one of his children acting strange. The player then learns that one of the Jarl’s sons, Nelkir, has been acting dark and brooding without reason. Questioning Nelkir begins the quest The Whispering Door.

4) Ebony Mail

Reward for completing Boethiah’s Calling quest (Must be level 30). Ebony Mail is a variation of Ebony Armor. The quest requires that you sacrifice one of your followers after which Boethiah will speak to you and her followers. She commands you to kill each other, last man standing will have the honor of doing a task for her. The task is to hunt down and kill her champion, taking the Ebony Mail from him and wearing it thus making you her new champion.

As listed in the armor effects, the armour provides a muffle effect and a cloak that slowly poisons hostile NPCs.

5) Mace of Molag Bal

Reward for completing the House of Horrors quest. The Mace of Molag Bal can be found in the city of Markarth. Once walking through the main gate outside of the “Abandoned House”, Vigilant Tyranuus will ask you if you have seen anyone entering or leaving, and that he suspects daedric worship is taking place in the house. If the player has completed the Forsworn Conspiracy quest, Tyranuus will be near the stables instead. The player must choose to follow Vigilant Tyranuus into the house to trigger the quest “House of Horrors”. Once this is complete the player will be rewarded with the Mace of Molag Bal.

6) Masque of Clavicus Vile

Reward for completing A Daedra’s Best Friend quest. The Masque of Clavicus Vile is a Heavy armor helm, given by Clavicus after returning the Rueful Axe to him. The quest is started in Falkreath after acquiring the task of luring out a stray dog the Blacksmith was interested in. Upon finding the dog, to your surprise it talks. He then lead’s you to Clavicus’s Shrine at the back of Haemar’s Shame. Clavicus agrees to take back Barbas (the dog) if you collect the Rueful Axe from Rimerock Burrow and return it to him. After acquiring the axe he offers to let you keep the axe if you kill Barbas with it. WARNING: If you choose to keep the Rueful Axe it will not count towards Daedric Artifacts Achievements. If you choose not to kill Barbas, you will receive the Masque of Clavicus Vile instead.

7) Mehrunes’ Razor

Reward for completing the Pieces of the Past quest. Mehrunes’ Razor is the dagger from Oblivion that the Mythic Dawn used. It’s obtained by completing a simple chain quest. The first part of the quest is visiting a descendant of the assassins of Uriel Septim, Silus, who runs a small museum dedicated to the Mythic Dawn. It has several things from Oblivion; the Commentaries, Mythic Dawn outfit, the sheath to the Razor, and the page from the Mysterium Xarxes. The first part(s) of the quest have you gathering the pieces to Mehrunes’ Razor. After that you meet him at the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon, talk to Mehrunes himself, and kill Silus to obtain the razor then straight after Mehrunes Dagon will summon 2 Dremora outside the shrine to attack the player for his own amusement.

8 ) Oghma Infinium

The Oghma Infinium is a book, given as a reward for completing Discerning the Transmundane, a quest given by Septimus Signus, during the main story quest-line. Signus is located in a remote cave, North-East of Winterhold. When read, the Oghma Infinum will give the player a permanent boost to all skills in a certain category (Thieving, Magic or Fighting). After choosing this boost in skills, the Oghma Infinium will dissapear / self-destruct. However, an exploit bug can allow the player to boost all skills to 100 by using the book more than once. The exploit involves using a bookshelf in one of the player’s owned properties to cause the Oghma Infinium not to disappear (See Oghma Infinium under “Bugs” for details)

Note: It is possible to talk to Septimus Signis before being given the directive to seek him out during the main story quest-line, but this is not advisable since receiving the Blank Lexicon and Attunement Sphere before this can result in a major bug which prevents completion of the main story quest.

9) Ring of Namira

Reward for completing The Taste of Death quest. The Ring of Namira grants the user with 50 extra points of Stamina and feeding on corpses grants a bonus to health and stamina regeneration. To begin the quest, talk to Verulus outside the Hall of the Dead in Markarth. He is at the entrance to the Hall via Understone Keep. Persuade, bribe or intimidate him to receive his key, then enter the Hall and Eola will talk to you telling to meet her Reachcliff Cave. You have to clear the cave of Draugr. Afterwards Eola will have you bring the same priest, Verulus, from Markarth to the shrine. Once there you will have to kill Verulus and eat his flesh. Namira will then speak to you and grant you her ring.

10) Sanguine Rose

Reward for completing A Night to Remember quest. You can get this quest by finding Sam Guevenne in any tavern across Skyrim. He’ll challenge you to a drinking match. Sanguine Rose summons a Dremora to fight for you, but the Dremora last only for 60 seconds. Also if you have the Twin Souls Perk in Conjuration then it will let you summon one additional Dremora to fight by your side.

Although this staff is a Daedric Artifact and also has a custom mesh for the staff image, it doesn’t do anything different in terms of effect than the Summon Dremora Lord conjuration spell.

11) Savior’s Hide/Ring of Hircine

Reward for completing Ill Met By Moonlight quest (3 possible outcomes, and it’s possible to acquire both artifacts by eliminating all the hunters, then skinning the werewolf. Both items count towards the Oblivion Walker achievement). You can obtain this quest in Falkreath by talking to Sinding, a prisoner in the Falkreath barracks.

12) Skeleton Key

Obtained during the Thieves Guild quest Blindsighted, but must be returned to the Twilight Seplucher in the following quest.

This does not count towards the Achivement “Oblivion Walker”. It’s not essential unless you’re doing the Thieves Guild quest line if you’re planning on completing it.

13) Skull of Corruption

Reward from Waking Nightmare quest. You can obtain this quest by talking to Erandur in Dawnstar, who is in the Windpeak Inn. The player can either gain the staff or let Erandur destroy it. You can use the skull of corruption to feed on sleeping NPC’s. Casting the staff at them while sleeping will gather 5 dreams for the staff. Casting at an NPC while they’re awake however will be treated as an attack. The staff has a range of effect on it and also has a unique screen illusion when casting. It works well if you’re a vampire as you need to feed on NPC’s anyway.

14) Spellbreaker

Reward for completing The Only Cure quest. Upon finding the Shrine of Peryite, which is northeast of Markarth and northwest of Karthwasten, speak to Kesh the Clean. He will ask you to bring a silver ingot, a deathbell flower, vampire dust and a flawless ruby. Once you have those items talk to him again to have him make the incense. Breathe in the incense to begin talking to Peryite. He will ask you to travel to Bthardamz and kill an elf named Orchendor. After you slay him return to Peryite and claim Spellbreaker from him. You might have to be at least level 30 or Kesh will not open dialogue. Debate over level requirements are ongoing. Some have been able to accomplish this quest as low as level 12. This may have been a glitch, or due to higher levels of some combination of skills/perks that shows the game you are capable of completing the quest.

15) Volendrung

Reward for completing The Cursed Tribe quest in Largashbur, which is an Orcish stronghold found near the Jerall Mountains in the south of Rift. The player must return to Largashbur after defeating the giant desecrating Malacath’s shrine. Upon returning to Largasbur the player enters dialogue with Atub and Malacath who informs the player to place Shagrol’s hammer upon his altar. It is at this time that the giant’s hammer is transformed into Volendrung and the player can then loot the weapon.

16) Wabbajack

Accessed by finding Dervenin in Solitude and accepting his quest The Mind of Madness. The Wabbajack is a staff, given by the daedric prince of madness, Sheogorath. The Mind of Madness quest is started in Solitude when talking to an apparently insane homeless man, named Dervenin, who tells you his master is on vacation in the Pelagius wing of the castle. When you investigate, you are transported inside the mind of the mad king Pelagius. There, you find Sheogorath who offers you a bargain; escape Pelagius’s mind, and he will free you from Pelagius’s mind. At the completion of the quest, he gives you the Wabbajack, a staff that, when cast, can transform the target into another creature, summon a minor creature to attack the enemy, summon a lightning cloud or, in one case, completely destroy the enemy, scattering coins all around. Sheogorath will give the Wabbajack to the player once they reach him.

———-

• Profile picture of Andrew Miranda Andrew Miranda said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Thanks for this great list. I always wondered where I can find all these items, I was quite clueless after all…. sometimes I just feel a bit lost when I don’t find help. So thanks for sharing! When I’m playing Skyrim I would wish sometimes that it would be able to get flowers same day instead of collecting them haha*