RSS

Download the Skyrim Construction Set Creation Kit (36 posts)

Topic tags: construction kit, construction set, creation kit, download, skyrim
  • Profile picture of Jonathan Jonathan said 2 years, 6 months ago:

@sysiphuslove what do you mean it “did nothing”? Did you get a pop up saying the steam protocol was not recognized or something like that?

What web browser are you using? Also is your Steam client fully up to date?

• Profile picture of Zoomer Zoomer said 2 years, 6 months ago:

OOOOH YEAH! FINALLY! Thank you for the updated link @devon , I copy pasted “steam://run/202480″ (without the quotes) into my Firefox address bar and it worked like a charm. Steam client popped up and asked me if I wanted to install the Creation Kit. It’s downloading now. :)

• Profile picture of Graham Patterson Graham Patterson said 2 years, 6 months ago:

@sysiphuslove It didn’t show up in my Steam Tools list at first for me either, I had to restart Steam client a few times then apparently it just showed up and worked. Let me know if the same thing happened to you, I’d be curious to find out if I’m not the only one.

When I get home from work tonight maybe I’ll have a stab at getting my sea creature pack idea off the ground. ;) If anyone wants to help me PM me or drop a post.

• Profile picture of Eric B Eric B said 2 years, 6 months ago:

ok thanks blake

Also can anyone tell me if the high res texture pack is really worth downloading? It’s pretty big and I don’t have the best internet connection. Will it really make that much of a difference visually without lagging me out? Does anyone have any before/after comparison screenshots showing the difference between textures?

• Profile picture of Henry Dunham Henry Dunham said 2 years, 6 months ago:

@graham I might be interested in helping out although I’ve never modded any Elder Scrolls games before. :( Is it hard to learn?

• Profile picture of Francis Francis said 2 years, 6 months ago:

So is there no direct download at all for the creation kit? No way at all to get it without Steam? :/ What about the free high res texture dlc pack?

• Profile picture of Devon Black Devon Black said 2 years, 6 months ago:

maybe someone will crack it for you francis? lol

• Profile picture of Graham Patterson Graham Patterson said 2 years, 6 months ago:

@dunham Good place to start. Take a gander and see if it makes even a little sense. It’s definitely not rocket science. ;)

• Profile picture of Max Max said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Does anyone know if it is possible to use the Creation Kit dev tools to mod multiplayer functionality into Skyrim?

• Profile picture of Surefire Surefire said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Good luck Max but it ain’t gonna happen.

Finally though Bethesda produces a favorable update. Maybe the community can finally make the Elder Scrolls into the RP game it was supposed to be. Bethesda Softworks, I like the way you work it tonight. Get your mod on boys and girls. 8)

• Profile picture of Max Max said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Why is that? Is it not possible at all to mod in and add multiplayer aspects to the game with these mod tools?

• Profile picture of Alex McMillan Alex McMillan said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Does anyone have a direct download link without steam? I’m a bit sick of Steam personally.

• Profile picture of George George said 2 years, 6 months ago:

why doesn’t any of you just upload the 80 MB Executable of the Creation kit to a site and provide the link to us, that will be so simple instead of using steam…

for some reason steam won’t update on my pc and for the last 30 minutes i installed and reinstalled and deleted steam to probably get it to work, but it seams that in order to do that i will have to reinstall the OS ….so please, anyone with the creation kit, just uplad it somewhere and provide the link

• Profile picture of Zoomer Zoomer said 2 years, 6 months ago:

@dromykete do you mean an executable installer file or just the actual program launch executable? I take it you mean the former due the size you’re saying it is?

• Profile picture of Eric B Eric B said 2 years, 6 months ago:

I could try if you tell me how @dromykete